Po Politickin Radio

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Artist Spotlight: Na'Tee

Click here to listen/dlBio:
You can say things are looking up for this 24 year old female rap artist from uptown area of New Orleans. After being mentioned in The Source Magazine by G-Unit staff members as an “Artist to Watch” and taking home the most awards at 2010’s NOLA Hip Hop Awards for Lyricist of the Year, Best Female Artist, & Mixtape of the Year, Na’Tee received the news that she’ll be added Grammy Winning Artist Syleena Johnson’s new album. Although naturally some would credit her strides to success to her lyrically ability, her determination, or to her work ethic, Na’Tee told us that her upbringing is what inspires her to keep going in this male dominated field.


“Growing up in the 3rd Ward area of New Orleans prepared me for the harsh realities of this industry,” says this studio junkie. “Unfortunately every since I was 5 years old I had to deal with the fact that both my parents were crack cocaine addicts. The things that most of my classmates took for granted like field trip money or even time with both parents in the household, for instance, was a privilege for me. I had to get things on my own even at a young age. That led me to run ins with the law and over all poor decisions. However, I had faith in the fact that my talent could change my future.” Unfortunately, at the age of 10, her father committed suicide. That death was later described by Na’Tee as “the moment in life that I realized I wanted to live and not just exist.”


When asked to describe herself in three words Na’Tee replied,”intelligent, talented, and blessed” and most of her peers would agree. In 2009 Na’Tee was featured in Hip Hop Weekly Magazine and on G-Unit’s ThisIs50.com as an independent artist on the rise. And that is a definite truth. Not only does she write her own music, but she also records it and mixes it in her own studio, directs and edits her own music videos, and designed (and monitors) both her official website http://www.3dnatee.com and her many popular social sites.


0 comments:

Subscribe on I-Tunes

For Exclusive News

Support the Grind..

Follow Po @popolitickin

180X150