Po Politickin Radio

Blog Archive

Friday, March 13, 2009

MN EP 46 - Top 11 Blues Songs!


Today we review the top 11 Blues songs of all time. Enjoy the countdown. Call me at 1-800-882-9291 for future requests. Leave me a comment and tell me what you think.

11) Buddy Guy – What Kind of Woman
10) Ray Charles – Georgia on My Mind
9) Etta James – I’d Rather go Blind
**Janis Joplin snippet)
8) Janis Joplin – Ball and Chain
7) T-Bone Walker – Stormy Monday
6) Nina Simone – I Put a Spell on You
5) Albert King – Born under a Bad Sign
**Jimmy Hendrix snippet
4)Jimmy Hendrix – Hear my Train a Coming
3) Stevie Ray Vaughan – Pride and Joy
2) BB King – The Thrill is Gone
1) Muddy Waters – Mannish Boy

To Listen to the episode, click play below:

To Download the show, click
here:

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Your missing, the real blues singer's like Marvin Sease and Johnny Taylor. Lil Milton, Bo Diddley the person who invented blues. Robert Johnson, and many more you can't call these the top 11 blues songs of all time. I can tell you didn't ask real blues fans and is not one yourself, you just disrespected the genre.

Amani Roberts said...

Thanks for the comment Rob. I tried to blend the past with the current so I may have missed some of who you mentioned. The title was meant to spur conversation like you have started. I am planning on doing a part 2 and would love your input. I received some other great feedback on other sites as well. My goal was not to disrespect the genre but bring more attention and spark discussion. Please don't get my intentions wrong. Hit me up at Amani at mirthnadir with your list and I can incorporate it into part 2. Thanks again for giving me your opinion. it will help me improve for the next time.

Unknown said...

Mirth, cd "Gotta Get the Groove Back" is a blues classic. You also have ZZ Hill, Lil Milton, Bobby Blus Bland, Marvin Sease, Tyrone Davis, Bobby Womack, Clarence Carter, Percy Sledge, Robert Johnson, John lee Hooker and many many more!

Anonymous said...

Man, this is whats up. Albert King's "Born Under A Bad Sign" is flames. Glad you showed love to Steve Ray too!

Subscribe on I-Tunes

For Exclusive News

Support the Grind..

Follow Po @popolitickin

180X150